- Please fill with the following: Spiral notebooks, graph paper, calculator, markers, crayons, colored pencils, paper, pens, ruler, arts and craft materials, a journal or diary, a book suitable for the intended age of the recipient.
- Tape a note on the outside of the backpack indicating whether its contents are suitable for a boy or girl and the approximate age group (Elementary, Middle School or High School)
|Satisfied customers; right after opening a box filled with school supplies and crafts!|
- Sneakers (new and barely used only; they are needed for sports)
- Sports equipment (Frisbees, Soccer Balls, Basketballs, etc.)
- Spring and summer clothing (gift quality new or barely used only)
- Books for school libraries (preschool through High Schools)
Scarsdale Congregational Church Parish House
One Heathcote Road
Scarsdale, NY (red brick building at corner of Heathcote and Post Roads)
Maggie Dunne-Lakota Children's Drive
5 St. Ann Rd.
Pine Ridge, SD 57770
Suggested ways to MOBILIZE those around you:
- Involve a school: each class can assemble a backpack, supplies and sneakers
- Involve a church, temple or religious organization for a day of service
- Involve a sports team to gather equipment!
- Share notices of your drive: ask store vendors and toy stores to collect donations for you!
- Have a bake sale to raise funds to help pay for shipping!
- Email and/or Facebook Share this notice to everyone you know: ask for ONE item from each!
NEW IN 2012: Want to be recognized as an affiliated chapter? You only have to participate in one event per year and we will feature you on our BLOG!
NEW IN 2012: Want to guest blog about your experiences in giving? Send us a picture and a brief description of your effort and what you learned!
Email us at email@example.com